Job Opportunities of Python Programming and its Applications
Python has emerged as one of the key programming languages in recent years. Its simplicity, ease of use, and flexibility make it a preferred language for smart applications. Today, it is hailed as a “must learn” language or the “ Next Big Thing” by programmers who want to part of the current artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) evolution. This is why Python certification is the most valued thing in programming. Have you ever wondered how this certification will shape my career? Or what opportunities exist for me? If the answers to these questions sound yes, then this blog aims to answer these questions and more. Stay tuned.
What Makes Python the “Next Big Thing” in Programming
Although many companies still use Java, PHP, C++, and other languages, Python has emerged as a clear favorite in recent years due to the following reasons.
- It is an open-source language, which means you can use it for free and download it from the official website of Python.
- It is an interpreted language, which makes it easier for beginners, as well as experts alike, to execute the source code at once.
- This language can be dynamically typed unlike C++, C, and Java, which is statically typed.
- Python combines the best of both functional and object-oriented programming.
- There is a large community that continuously contributes to the development of the language.
- It comes with large libraries and packages for databases, web and mobile applications, image manipulation, unit-testing, and so on.
- It is highly flexible and portable, which means, the code written for IOS or Linux Machine can be run on Windows or vice-versa.
- It can be used on any type of platform, there will be no loss of performance irrespective of the platform.
- The versatility of this language makes it highly popular with various applications.
- Python helps in automating several tasks, which makes it an integral part of software testing.
A Few Popular Application Areas of Python
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: This is the intelligence exhibited by machines. Today, our lives are largely controlled by AI-driven applications. Python is the most suited language for AI. SciPy for advanced computing, PyML, Keras, SciKit, TensorFlow, and MDP Toolkit for machine learning, and Seaborn for data visualization.
- Networking: Python is employed for configuring switches and routers, and Python libraries such as Ansible, Netmiko, PySNM, Pyeapi, Paramiko SSH are used extensively by networking engineers.
- Big Data: Big data is a reality today and it symbolizes a voluminous amount of data generated by digital applications. Although there are several advanced data processing systems in the market, they are inadequate in dealing with the data deluge. Python is used in web scraping applications. It is used for extracting data from web pages and websites. The data thus pulled is used in various real-world processes such as price comparison, job listings, business listings, and so on. Today, data analysts are employing big python libraries for data scraping. Scikit-learn, Pandas, Bokeh, IPython, Agate, Dask, GraphLab Create are a few popular Python libraries used by data analysts.
- Game Development: Game designers are nowadays using Python libraries to develop interactive games. Python libraries like PyGame and PySoy are widely used for 3D game development.
- Desktop GUI: Python possesses modular architecture, which improves its workability across multiple systems. This architecture combined with advanced text processing tools makes them an ideal choice for developing desktop GUI. Tkinter, PyQt, PyGUI, and PySide are a few libraries that are used by Python developers for developing graphical user interfaces (GUI).
- Language Development: Python’s flexible and user-friendly architecture and design has inspired new languages like Swift, OCaml, CoffeeScript, and so on.
- Image Processing and Graphic Design: Python is used in image processing and graphic design applications, too. Python forms the base of several 2D and 3D imaging software that we use today – Inkscape, Paint, Shop Pro, GIMP, Blender, 3DS Max, Houdini, Lightwave, and so on.
Top 5 Interesting Python Job Profiles That You Can Consider
Having known the benefits and application areas of Python, you may want to consider the different job options available to you. Isn’t it? The following are the top 6 job roles that you can fill on learning Python online.
- Python Web Developer or Python Programmer: This is the first job option that comes your way if you know Python programming. Nowadays, Python programmers are employed by organizations that deal with AI and ML. Python developers or programmers usually work on server-side components. Although their roles and responsibilities may slightly vary across organizations, generally they are required to:
- Write efficient codes that are user-friendly, testable, and above all reusable
- Design and implement high performance and low latency applications
- Integrate UI elements with server-side logic
- Implement data protection and security measures
- Integrate various data storage solutions
- Data Analyst: They are hired in organizations that deal with a large amount of data. As the name suggests, data analysts enable businesses to interpret large chunks of data gain actionable insights from them. The data is gathered, interpreted, and shared with the business owner. In addition to this, the data analysts are required to:
- Share the report with relevant stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Identify and report trends and patterns in data
- Work alongside teams to establish new needs
- Define data collection and analysis process
- Machine Learning Engineer: According to a report by Indeed.com, the average salary of a machine learning engineer is S146,085 in the US. The job postings for this profile have increased by 344 percent between 2015 to 2018. The roles and responsibilities of an ML engineer may vary across organizations, however, they are required to:
- Build ML algorithms based on modeling procedures
- Implement data structures, computer architecture, and algorithms effectively
- Collaborate with engineers to make model and data pipelines
- Manage the data pipelines and infrastructure necessary to bring code to production
- Lead the software design and software engineering
- Analyze complex and large datasets to extract insights and decide on the final techniques
- Research and implement the best practices to improve the machine learning infrastructure
- Data Journalist: This is the most interesting job profile on this list. Data journalism is a subset of journalism that uses python to create amazing stories. Data journalism is usually employed by news organizations for two purposes – identifying new stories for broadcasting and presenting information based on objectivity. A data journalist is a person with strong communication skills and an equally strong grip on Python programming. Python is used to analyze, arrange, as well as visualize data related to the topic. Although data journalism is still in infancy, the data journalist may be required to fulfill the following roles and responsibilities.
- Front-end web development
- Data visualization design
- Data management
- Data scraping, parsing, and wrangling
- Research Analyst: Research analysts with Python skills are being hired by several growing businesses in the US. According to Payscale.com, the research analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average salary of $60,000, and those with almost 5-9 years of experience earn $80,000. In any organization, a research analyst is required to:
- Examine data, as well as produce meaningful insights for the employer
- Analyze quantitative data
- Present data in easy to understand and comprehensible format for quick use
- Collaborate with team members to understand their information needs and deliverables
Python is the hot trend currently and you need to acquire the right skills to take advantage of the opportunities described in the post. To acquire these skills, you can join online Python courses on Guruface. These courses are conducted by experts who have been at the forefront of the AI and ML revolution. You can choose from several trainer-led and self-paced courses on our website. You can visit to see the courses offered and click on “Buy Now” to know more about the course details. For more details, you can get in touch with our team today.