Are you planning to create and sell online courses? That’s a great way to share your knowledge and experience with others and also it can be considered a good source of income. If you fall into that category, you’re tapping into an outstanding business opportunity. But rather than adding to the justified hype in that direction, let’s get to the actual nuts and bolts of how to create, format, market, and sell online courses. This article is about doing rather than dreaming. Learn how to create an online course with PowerPoint in simple steps. Want to know how exactly you can do this?
Table of Contents
- How to create an online course
- Identify your Audience
- Formatting the Course to Perfection
- Step-by-step instructions to create courses using PowerPoint
- How to make your Online Course Interesting using PowerPoint
- How Guruface.com can help trainers?
How to create an online course
Not sure how to create your online course material? With our decades of experience in this industry, we are presenting you some easy guidelines to get this done with ease. There are 5 stages in creating an online course with PowerPoint.
- Identifying your expertise and audience
- Deciding the format
- Course creation
- Adding Additional detail
- Selling online courses
Identify your Audience
The first step is to understand who your target audience is or which category of people will find your course useful. What do they want to learn? Why do they need to learn it? There could be multiple reasons why they prefer to do this online course. It could be for the upskilling, requirement for a certification, or to gain business compliance.
One most effective ways to understand the needs and likes of your target audience is to spend time on forums and other communities related to your niche. Get to know their likes, desires, and gripes.
Formatting the Course to Perfection
Creating online course materials in the initial stages can be made simple and affordable. There are many ways through which you can simplify this process. Making it yourself will be the right choice. Begin by thinking of some of the great and memorable textbooks, classes, presentations, or eLearning courses you’ve come across in the past. Why do you remember them? Think about the factors that made you think the content was useful and excellent. Easy to consume, attractively formatted, and high-quality content are factors that make course material classy. An easy way to achieve good formatting is by using PDF or PowerPoint.
Guruface finds Microsoft PowerPoint a great tool for creating amazing course materials. You learn how to create an online course with minimal effort if you have a Microsoft PowerPoint tool installed on your computer.
Step-by-step instructions to create courses using PowerPoint
- The first thing to do is create an outline to help you develop your PowerPoint presentation.
- The outline should be like a plan for how the presentation should look at the end. It should include details like what kind of visuals are required and the structure of the course.
- This should give students a clear idea about what to expect from the course.
- The next step is to develop a “look” for the course. It helps to have a graphic designer on hand, but that’s not always an option. Thankfully, you can use tools within PowerPoint to create shapes, gradients, and more.
- Hiring a graphic designer at this stage gives you great advantages but that’s not an option for most people when they start. You could manage this by the graphic tools and options in the PowerPoint platform.
- Begin by brainstorming the “look” of your course on paper.
- Consider providing navigation at this stage. PowerPoint let the learners move forward when they click on the slides. This is the default option in all PowerPoint content. Disabling this feature gives you more options for interactivity and providing your navigation gives you more control over what the learner has to do to advance in the course.
- Limit each slide within PowerPoint to a few bulleted points. This helps the audience to understand easily that you are explaining something using the presentation.
- Keep each slide to no more than 4 bulleted items, with each item a maximum of one line in length.
- Adding more information will be the next important process. You can do this in two ways:
- Create notes of whatever information you want to include in the material. Include it in the outline you first created.
- You could add this information as a voiceover in any place suitable.
- Apart from that, you could also add additional information as the speaker’s note at the bottom of each slide. Only the speaker will be able to see this content.
- Your voice can bring “power” to PowerPoint. As the users will be listening to more audio in PowerPoint content when compared to discussions happening in a live session, use it wisely. Speak slowly; be sure to vary your tone (no one enjoys a monotone!); stay enthusiastic and excited about the topic.
- Use your voice to bring the audience’s attention to the most important points in the slide. Introduction to the next section, highlights of each lesson, and anything you want to stress can be guaranteed with more attention this way.
- Include interactivity. Use animations to create interactivity in PowerPoint.
How to make your Online Course Interesting using PowerPoint
For selling online courses quickly, you need to make them interesting. To make the PowerPoint content more interesting add multi-choice questions, expandable text, images, and other interesting elements. Know that PowerPoint is not a usual static presentation tool, as the platform allows you to create interactive slides that communicate ideas and information exceptionally.
By adding actions to objects on a slide, they stop being static and become interactive. If you have several interactive slide modules, you can easily link them together using hyperlinks so that you build an entire PowerPoint presentation that has interactive modules. One example would be an interactive, computer-based quiz.
Hope you got a good understanding of how to create an online course easily. Now let’s see how you can upload it to an online learning platform and sell it to an online learning community. Selling online courses is effortless if you have found a suitable online learning platform.
How Guruface.com can help trainers?
At Guruface, you can create and upload your online courses with ease. We encourage trainers who are just starting in online learning platforms. Contact us if you need any help on how to create your courses with PowerPoint. Visit Guruface.com now and get started by creating a trainer profile. Let us know if you need any assistance.
Have a great day ahead!