Value. I want it. You want it. Your neighbors want it. And even your grandma’s cat Lucy wants it too.
We all want to squeeze as much value as we can out of something, don’t we?
I’m pretty sure that as a business owner, you also want the same thing out of your content. After all, creating quality content can be quite time-consuming, let alone expensive if you’ll pay someone else to do it.
So that’s what we’re going to talk about right now. We’re going to talk about the 6 effective content marketing strategies that you can use to get more value out of your content.
If all that you’ve been doing up until now is the “publish and pray” strategy (if you can even call it a content strategy), then we’re about to change all that. With the tips that I’ll share with you for the content strategy, you’ll be able to get more shares, comments, views, and engagement (among others) from your content.
Let’s hop right in…
Table of content
- Send it to your email list
- Re-write your post then syndicate them on other sites.
- Guest post on relevant and authoritative sites
- Create slides out of your posts then publish them on slide hosting platforms like Slideshare
- Create a video
- Include quotes from influencers
- What’s next?
1. Send it to your email list
According to EmailExpert.org, for every $1 that you spend on email marketing, the average return you’ll get is about $44.25.
Sounds like magic, doesn’t it?
That is all the more reason why you should share your content to your email list. It’s the main content strategy used.
Instead of simply publishing your content on your blog, as one of the content marketing strategies, you can break them into bite-sized-pieces and slowly trickle them down as newsletters to your email list. Doing so alleviates you of the effort and resources that your team would have otherwise spent, if you created content from scratch for your newsletters.
2. Re-write your post then syndicate them on other sites.
This is one of the main content marketing strategies. Some of the sites that I syndicate my posts on are Business2Community.com, SocialMediaToday.com and Medium.com.
What I like the most about this content strategy is that you can leverage on the existing audience that the other sites have already established. In B2C and SMTs case, they already have millions of monthly visitors. That being said, you’ll have more eyeballs on your content since it is also published on other sites with millions of monthly traffic.
These are some of the points that I consider when qualifying whether or not a prospect website is ideal for syndication:
- Is the website’s niche relevant to my industry?
- Does the website have bad neighbors?
- Does it have a decent number of monthly visitors?
- Does the site have a decent Domain Authority and Trust Flow? I know that there are other metrics you can look into, however, I tend to just check the site’s DA and TF.
- Does the website have a reasonably “strict” editorial guidelines? Don’t just go for sites that accepts the next Tom, Dick, and Harry who wants to syndicate to them without the site’s editors doing careful screening. The harder it is to get into the site, the better.
- Does the site use a rel=canonical tag to show the search engines that your site is the original poster of the content?
* Warning – These content marketing strategies has its downsides. For one thing, the sites you’ll syndicate your posts on might outrank your site for the same exact article that was syndicated (among others).
Others are also worried about being penalized by Google because of duplicate content. However, this issue can easily be remedied by making sure that the sites you’re syndicating or reposting your content on uses a rel=canonical tag. Also content marketing can boost your sales. Read more about it on our blog.
3. Guest post on relevant and authoritative sites as content marketing strategies
When you have a fairly new website, and your image has not yet been established as an authority in your industry, other sites won’t bother syndicating your content. Simply because they do not want to risk syndicating content that is spammy or poorly crafted.
After all, since no one really knows who you are and whether or not you are a credible person, they wouldn’t be able to tell if the content that they’ll be syndicating from your website are of good quality. So why risk it by accepting your request for syndication, right?
Because content syndication isn’t always a viable option, what you can do instead is to pitch a guest post on authoritative sites. That way, your content gets published on sites with millions of monthly traffic, instead of your own that barely gets any traffic because your site is fairly new.
There are tons of benefits that you can get from guest posting, these are some of my favorites:
- It can help you generate leads.
- It can help you get more traffic.
- It helps you with your SEO.
- It helps you build relationships with other webmasters in your industry.
If you aren’t familiar with how guest posting works, allow me to share with you a comprehensive resource that I wrote about it. This guide walks you through the process from scratch, all while using free tools.
4. Create slides out of your posts then publish them on slide hosting platforms like Slideshare
70 million users… that’s the kind of figure Slideshare has going for them. If you aren’t keen on getting your slice of the that 70 million pie, then you must be going bananas.
So here’s the content strategy. All you need to do is repurpose your content by turning them into slides. If you’re about to give me the, “I don’t have the time for that…” excuse, then don’t worry – I got you covered. Instead of doing the slides yourself, you can hire someone from Fiverr to do it for you for only five dollars.
Pretty amazing, huh?
If you are an online trainer and you need some content marketing strategies check out the blog published on Guruface about Marketing strategies.
5. Create a video
Now that you have a slideshow of your original content, you can now create a video version of your slides.
Of course, you can also have someone from Fiverr create the video for you.
Once your presentational video is created, you can now publish it on various video publishing sites like Youtube.
These are some of the most crucial points that you need to remember when using this strategy:
- Make sure that your video has a clear call-to-action at the end.
- Try to add as many texts as you can on your video’s description section.
- Be sure to add a link to your website from within the video’s description.
- Be sure to add the necessary tags for your videos.
- Add a “suggested video to watch” within your video’s description, then link it to one of your other videos.
These are some of the best sites that you can publish your videos on:
6. Include quotes from influencers
One of the best content marketing strategies to get influencers to share your content is to add their quote to your posts.
Of course, when influencers take the time to share or link to your posts, you’ll get more traffic, leads, and some SEO push to your site. In short, you’ll get more value from your content. Also if you need more information about how to use influencer marketing read our blog on that.
The thing is, even if you published something amazing, that isn’t incentive enough for most influencers to take the time to share your posts, much less to link to it. Simply because if your post gets the traction that it needs, they won’t be able to directly benefit from it.
However, if you add their quote and a link to their site on your posts, that’s a different story.
Not only will they be able to get free PR if your post gets the traction that it needs, but they can also benefit from the link juice, the possibility of getting leads, and the possibility of getting more traffic to their site (among others).
I once published an expert round-up that featured experts in the customer service industry. While the post didn’t get as much shares as I thought it would, we’ve been getting a constant flow of leads through the post.
This isn’t the end-all and be-all guide for getting more mileage out of your content and content marketing strategies. There are certainly other methods that you can use to get more out of whatever you publish on your website. If there are content strategies that you’d like to share with us about how you can get more value out of your content, then please do so in the comments section below. Also check out our website Guruface for more content marketing related topics.
Photo courtesy of © bakhtiarzein / Dollar Photo Club